Sunday, November 2, 2003

Method Acting

The past few days, Laura and I have been trying to figure each other out. You see, we both seem to be actors, in the sense that we rarely show our true selves to anyone else except the ones we love most in the world. We're method actors, figuratively.

She's getting better at hiding her anxiety about working for LIFTED. She almost appears excited about taking lives, about burning things down now. It's almost cute, so innocent minded...

The days are going to get more chaotic for her. She won't get sleep many nights in result of this. Sooner or later, if she isn't already having nightmares, she'll start having every week. Objects are going to start blurring together in her peripheries. She's going to doubt her sanity every second of the day.

And the Deathwatches are always going to be there, ticking away, no matter what.
They never stop.

 And the entire time this is happening, you body forces you to smile. It just can't accept all that turmoil is actually happening inside of it, so it just forces itself to think its healthy, happy. But it's not.

I can't make sense of any of this most days. I just know what LIFTED tells me to fear. And that's it.

The van's taking us down to our next destination in the next state. I'm a bit nervous, what with Laura being with us and all. I'm just afraid she's going to mess up the mission somehow. I guess that's a normal feeling though, after all she is new. Mistakes should be expected from her.

We will be infiltrating one of my Monster's main bases in the Eastern part of the country. I haven't seen her in almost two years; The Wooden Girl. She's my most prominent enemy, it seems. But I know I can handle her now. I know I can defeat her.

I'm not scared of her anymore.

I was having a conversation with Laura early today. We were discussing how exactly are we supposed to have the upper hand against The Fears; how do we win against them, in some way?

She told me the solution is to love, and to be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment